GearHeads Club & Ride Nights
We are committed to offering 3 rides a week. This is all possible by the amazing volunteers that support our rides and want to see the cycling community grow. If you join a ride please make sure to let your group leader know your appreciation or any feedback.
Rides require, at minimum, an appropriate bike in good working order, water, and a helmet.
Many rides are held subject to weather. It's a good idea to confirm dates, time and any specific requirements, too. You can check out our Facebook page: gearheads petawawa, were we will post any cancellations on the page.
If you have something to add to our schedule, be sure to email [email protected] and we will post it to our Calendar.
Monday Night Road Ride:
* Beginner friendly, learn to ride in a group, this is a FREE group ride!
* Mandatory: Road bike in good working order, helmet, water.
* Recommended: Bike computer, red tail light, cycling shorts, repair kit/spare tube.
* Ride start time 6:30pm at GH's parking lot.
* 25 – 45Km routes
* On holiday Mondays our ride is typically cancelled.
* Check the GH's calendar for more details.
Tuesday GH's Club Road Ride:
* This ride is not for beginners and requires an OCA membership #. ($45 insurance) register at www.ontariocycling.org
Email: [email protected] a copy of the license to be put on the sign in list.
* Mandatory: Road bike in good working order, helmet, water, cycle computer
* Recommended: Rear tail light, repair kit /spare tube.
* If you're on Strava join the GearHeads Club to find route info.
* Ride start time 6:30 pm at GH's.
Race with GearHeads team and receive exclusive offers throughout the season!
In order to take part in the Tuesday ride night every rider must have a valid Ontario Cycling Association Membership. This governs the type of rides we are allowed to host.
To become a member of the GearHeads team come see us in store or give us a call.
2018 Risk Management Plan
Wednesday Night Mountain Ride:
* This is a free group ride @ 6:30pm.
* Mandatory Gear: Mountain bike in good working order, helmet, water, spare tube
* Recommended Gear: snacks, emergency repair kit, bike shorts, bug spray.
* Check calendar of events for location.
* Please note the last Wednesday of the month the group meets at the Whitewater Brewery in Foresters Falls and is hosted by Valley Cycle Tours & BORCA
* We always have multiple levels of groups, all are welcome, just make sure you bring appropriate gear, a safe compatible bike, water, snacks, emergency repair kit, helmet and Bug spray.