We are committed to offering 3 rides a week. This is all possible by the amazing volunteers that support our rides and want to see the cycling community grow. If you join a ride please make sure to let your group leader know your appreciation or any feedback.
Rides require, at minimum, an appropriate bike in good working order, water, and a helmet.
Many rides are held subject to weather. It's a good idea to confirm dates, time and any specific requirements, too. You can check out our Facebook page: gearheads petawawa, we will post any cancellations on the events page.
We'll see you out there — and have fun!
If you have something to add to our schedule, be sure to email email@example.com and we will post it to our Events Calendar.
Monday Night Road Ride:
* Beginner friendly, learn to ride in a group, FREE!
* Mandatory: Road bike, Helmet, water.
* Recommended: Bike computer, red tail light, cycling shorts, repair kit.
* Ride start time 6:30pm at GH's.
* 25 - 45Km routes
* On holiday Mondays our ride is canceled.
* Check the GH's calendar for more details.
Tuesday GH's Club Road Ride:
* This ride is not for beginners and requires an OCA membership #. ($40 insurance)http://www.ontariocycling.org/ Club: GearHeads Email: firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of the license to be put on the sign in list.
* Mandatory: Road bike, helmet, water, cycle computer
* Recommended: Rear tail light, repair kit
* If you're on Strava join the GearHeads Club to find route info.
* Ride start time 6:30 pm at GH's.
Wednesday Night Mountain Ride:
* This is a free group ride @ 6:30pm.
* Mandatory Gear: Mountain bike, helmet, water, tube
* Recommended Gear: snacks, emergency repair kit, bike shorts, bug spray.
* Check calendar of events for location.
* Please note the last Wednesday of the month the group meets at the Whitewater Brewery in Foresters Falls and is hosted by Valley Cycle Tours & BORCA.
* We always have multiple levels of groups, all are welcome, just make sure you bring appropriate gear, a safe compatible bike, water, snacks, emergency repair kit and helmet.
From time to time we will carry on emergency repair clinics, waxing clinics and 1 day Nordic ski lessons. We have even organized riding clinics occasionally, depending on availability of certified instructors.
We really only put them on when there is enough people asking for them, if you think it would be beneficial to you, be sure to let us know at email@example.com and we will make one happen as soon as we can.
We also do clinics for specific groups with custom content, so if you have a triathlon team, road, mtb or group in general we would be more than happy to put something together for you after a discussion on what you are looking to learn.